Wednesday, November 28, 2007

And baby makes three

Well, life is certainly different for us since the last time I budded in to the family round robin. Sasha has changed our lives, but not necessarily in ways I was planning for. For instance, I am getting really good at typing with one hand. I have gone back to my university days where I was able to live with only 4 or 5 hours of sleep; granted those 5 hours of sleep used to be uninterrupted, so it’s not quite the same. He has grown in leaps & bounds so for those of you who have yet to meet him, he is completely different than he was as a newborn. He is over 13 pounds now (was just over 7 pounds at birth) and keeps his mouth busy by eating, spitting up or talking cute little gibberish.
I am enjoying being off work, and dread having to go back, so if anybody has any ideas for me; I’m welcome to suggestions. I was walking to get back into shape, however the cold & snow has put a damper on my enthusiasm in being outside.
Vadim loves the life of an electrician however is looking forward to starting school in January, where he won't have to be out in the cold. Fatherhood agrees with him; he now looks for excuses to have family days where we don’t change out of our pajamas all day. He also has tried instilling into Sasha a passion for motorcycles & guitars – he bought Sasha his first little motorcycle that also acts as a remote for a video game. It will be years before he’s actually able to control it, but I guess it’s the thought that counts.
We will miss you all at Christmas this year, as we are heading west to the Island this year. For those of you, who have yet to meet the little guy, give us a call anytime; we don’t do much anymore other than stick around home.

Check out our Picasa website, we will be uploading pictures of Sasha there when we can. http://picasaweb.google.com/vadimjacquie

No comments: