Friday, June 1, 2007

Sick of waiting for Bob (Steve's update)

That's a good suggestion Robin. Here's a quick update on us.

Tina, Lex and I are doing fine, living in Rutherford and slowly getting used to life in Edmonton.

Lex played hockey for the first time this year and really enjoyed it. I helped the coach and had more fun watching Lex’s team than watching the pros - really didn’t expect it to be that much fun. Lex is now in soccer (his sport of choice) and having a great time.

Tina has started a new job with the company that built our house (and is building our new one) Pacesetter. She has only been doing it for a few weeks and is not sure yet if it is for her or not. She moved into this from working part time at Bombay (a home furnishing company). Next time you come to our house you’ll find a Bombay showroom.

I still work at Steve Harmatys’ company, Willbros, as a scheduler. Steve suggested I get into this and it suits me really well.

I bought some electronic drums a few months back that will allow me to record with some friends in different parts of the continent.

Our heads are still spinning a bit from the Florida - Shanghai - Edmonton change in three years. However, the current warm weather and the vibe in this city is helping.

We will move into our new house in Blackmud Creek in late summer or early fall. We’re looking forward to having people visit once we’re settled in (we really, really liked having everyone over on Boxing Day).

By the way, I've messed around with the look of this blog a couple of times. I move that each poster make a small change if they like. Seconds?

3 comments:

Canmore Condo Ravings said...

I'm not sure I like that new title - it seems to imply that my comments somehow do not fit in the category "Ultimate Wisdom". I'm sure it's just a mistake, a slight oversight, I'm not taking offense. Also just wondering, does anybody else read this?
Robin

pm said...

Hi - I read these when someone hits me over the head to remind me that it exists.

I was so pleased to read Jacquie's news. Hope you are feeling better now.

Look forward to getting more family info in the near future.

Zabirans said...

I read it does that matter? This is over a week after Robbie put a post though.
I was going to suggest, when we are blogging for our turn, we need to remember to put the order of names in. I.e. it's Steve & Michelle's turn next.